Pages

Sunday 22 April 2012

University Work.


When applying for universities one of them ask me to design something for them using different shapes they sent. I choose the heart.

Once we had chosen our shape we then had to come up with 4 designs using that shape. My first design was a bee (top left) when coming up with this idea I wanted something vector based and something you wouldn't normally associate with a heart shape but still using the heart. For my second design (top right) I was looking towards what I love so coming up with the things i love wasn't to hard, Scouts and music. When then applying these things into a design I used different textures in the designs so that it wasn't just a plain boring heart shape with the scout logo in it or a music symbol in it. My third design (bottom left) I was thinking of what a heart is and what most people think of the meaning of a heart. The answer I came up with was love. So I found a creative way of showing that and when researching into it I found that a lot of images were very simple and thats what i tried to do in this design. My last design (bottom right) was along the same sort of theme as my third design (bottom left) which was love and i was thinking more into love and that if it doesn't work out i can sometimes get a little messy with divorces and arguments and so on. So again I thought using different brushes with paint splatters and paint dripping would be the right way of getting the message across because paint is also a messy job.

These designs did get me an interview at the university but I was sadly not accepted after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment